Friday, October 21, 2005

 

Shocking

I approach this girl who is a complete stranger to me since my friends have dared me to ask her name.
me: hey wots ur name
she: my name is padma
I had expected some melodrama, ostentatious display of surprise at this unexpected and eccentric (at least by indian standards) intrusion, may be a bit of frustration. I had even engineered the ensuing conversation in my mind which was but inevitable. In the worst case, I could get hit and I had not ruled out that possibility either. But this was beyond comprehension. Anyway, relieved as I was I hastily turned back to go. But before I could leave she asked me the question which stunned me, in a pleasant way or in a harsh way it is difficult to say. The intensity of the blow was overwhelming, and I was left numb as far as feelings go. This is what she had to say-
she: (simply) wots ur cell number
me: (unable to react) aa uummm who who wot

For those of you who were naive enough to believe what I had to say above, that was merely my first attemt at a short story (ok a miniature story). Would write a longer version when I have some more time.

Comments:
Just one thing maamu, was it Padma, or Padam
 
so did u give her ur number
pratik

www.pratikbhandari.blogspot.com
www.viewthemirage.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]