Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

Holidays

Most of the people have left the hostel for their homes during dussehra holidays but me, I'm stranded here due to the various projects. One of these I've voluntarily burdened myself with, while the other has been thrust on me by the department.

I nevertheless took consolation in the fact that at least I'll have some free time for myself. I can do all the things now freely for which otherwise it is difficult to squeeze time out of the busy schedule, like exercizing, listening to music and watching kuch kuch hota hai, and contemplating my future options, which seems pretty bleak.

Well, as it turns out theres not much to think about the future. Whenever I start thinking about the future, I invariably end up confused and in a state of incertitude, say a few bad things about myself for wasting my time and swear never to indulge in such a useless and wanton pursuit again. And this time was no different.
To be truthful, I did try to go for exercise one evening, but then I thought who was I kidding and decided instead to finish midnights children. And by the way, Rushdie is hilarious. I certainly am a great fan of his unique brand of writing.
Yesterday I watched kkhh for the nth time. Now i've lost count of the times i've watched this movie, its cliches and a mess of a story notwithstanding. I vividly remember I first watched this movie during my study breaks for the high school board exams with my mother and brother. Its spell has not weakened one bit since. SRK was my idol because of his dexterity at courting girls with an amazing ease which was truly extraterrestrial according to me back then. He continues to me my idol though not for the same reasons.
I did listen to music (24x7) during this time, mostly heavy metal. The new Opeth album, ghost Reveries and the new Disturbed album Ten Thousand Fists are excruciatingly heavy and great to listen to. It certainly helps that my neighbours are not here and so I dont have to afraid of them harassing me unnecessarily for enjoying something as innocuous as music. Of course they would claim otherwise, but what the hell. I dont give a rats ass. Banging thy head to the gods of heavy metal is certainly a better altervative of alleviating your frustration than shouting fuck you to the world in general prosaically. Yea, I do that sometimes and take it from me, it helps.

Comments:
Good info. Thanks.

Regards,

Mini-DOW Futures Daytrader
daytrading
 
Enjoyed reading your blog.

Regards,

Active Daytrader
emini future trading
http://www.daytradingcourse.com
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]