Sunday, August 21, 2005

 

Raksha Bandhan

As this day went by several of my school days memories came rushing back.
This day was generally regarded with a sense of apprehension and fear by the male of the species. The girls would use this as a pretext to save themselves from the unwanted courtships by tying rakhis on the wrists of unsuspecting and innocent souls like us. The boys feared this day so much that half of them would absent themselves from school on this day. I used to poke fun at all those poor creatures, to the point when they began to seriously consider the possiblity of drowning themselves in handful of water. I considered myself immune to all this. I never seriously considered the thought that a girl would like to tie me a rakhi, my huge ego prevented me from ever considering that possiblity. But I was to find out only later that this world is full of dumbasses who fail to recognize the true potential of geniuses like me. As luck would have it, I was confronted by one of these dumbasses on that fateful rakhi day whom I was trying to woo for quite some time now. I could already see the delicate thread of rakhi strangling me and all the victims of my taunts laughing aloud in my face. I already had started cursing myself for choosing such a dumbass. But all that was not going to prevent the impending disaster. I had to find a way out.

I still rember giving her and and her accomplices a huge lecture on how they had made a mockery of the sacred festival of Raksha Bandhan, and hence I refuse to be a part of this sacreligious act. They should be ashamed of themselves, for exploiting religious sentiments for their own petty needs. And well, the trick had worked all right, ashamed they were. Whatever little experience I've had with girls, I've learned one thing. Inducing a lot of senti and emotional stuff can always save your skin however grim the conditions appear. The girls had to return empty handed or wait was it me? Anyway I was glad the disaster had been avoided. My friends had missed another chance to humiliate me.

Comments:
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]