Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

Movie Recommendation

I'm back to college after the summer training in The Netherlands and man it feels great to be back home.

Though I usually dont watch many movies, I must confess I've watched a lot since I returned. Well, actually I'm not to blame, after all I had to finish at least all the newly released hindi movies, thats the bare minimum and surprisingly many of them turned out to be good. As hard as that might be to believe or I its just that I'm still recovering from that bout of nostalgia.

The reason I stopped watching movies is that is most of them dont turn out to be worth the time spent. Its not that I could have used it more constructively elsewhere, its going to be wasted anyway, but deliberately wasting time is not too good for my self esteem or so I like to pretend. But fortunately one of my friends has an amazing collection of movies, so I drop by his room whenever I feel like watching a movie. Following movies are highly recommended all of them black and white. Some movies I believe transgress indivudual preferences, these are some of them. Just watch them.

To Kill a Mockingbird:
The most beautifully made movie i've come across period.

Rear Window and Dial M for Murder:
Hitchcock never ceases to amaze me, my favourite filmmaker till date. Watch these movies for his unique brand of filmmaking.

His Girl Friday:
Hilarious is the one word which sums it all up. Comedy uninterrupted from the word go. No slapstick humour here, not that I dont like slapstick humour, all I'm saying is riske (or cheap) comedies can never match the simple and subtle ones. This movie proves this beyond any doubt.

Now some recent desi flicks I watched.

Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya:
A really good and decent entertaining comedy. Sushmita is a treat to watch, shes becoming better by the day. Salman overacts at times but tolerable. Though Sohail might get on your nerves sometimes because of his (over)acting and Katrina has still a lot to learn about acting.

Sarkar
Good performanc by all the actors. This desi version of the Godfather, despite an ordinary storyline turns out well. Definitely worth a watch.

Dus
Nothing great about this movie, its worth a miss.



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]