Monday, August 15, 2005

 

Independence Day

You can cry hoarse over the fact that another independence day passed peacefully but i have my own set of woes to narrate. And as always, I celebrated the independence day in bed fast asleep. I had my own reasons for celebration. For me it was a holiday when i could peacefully have my share of sleep.
I still remember while in school we would sing the National Anthem as the flag was hoisted by the Principal. The day was special to me for reasons of my own back then. For one my mom would not have to drag me off the bed, I would get up on my own. There would be no unnecessary whining and cribbing on part of my mom to send me to school, needless to say none by me either. There would be no boring classes and of course there was always the lure of the free cake pulling me to school.

But that was then. Now even the free cake fails to entice me, the bed it seems is more enticing. This is fourth and hopefully my last Independence Day in college and i've not cared to attend a single Independence Day function here.
I refuse to be a part of the celebrations when actually there is no reason to celebrate. Well dont get me wrong here, the above alibi has worked just fine for me till now. It saves me the trouble of getting up early on a holiday. Will have to look for a more reasonable excuse once the things in our country start to look better. But thankfully they have remained more or less the same over the years. And i'm the last one to complain as far as my sleep is not disturbed.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]