Monday, July 11, 2005

 

I Screwed Up Folks!!

Well, today was an interesting day in my otherwise mundane life.
Got up to some great weather with the sun shining down with great intensity and so I and one of my friend decided to go swimming by the riverside. Well the people of Netherlands dont want to miss any opportunity to show skin at the slightest provocation. Its not that they like to publicly display their well toned bodies (who wouldnt want to) but the thing is here even the folks with not so good bods and even outright atrocious ones are down to the bare minimum whenever the sun is visible. So we had all the more reason to go swimming, we knew we are in for a great visual treat with lots of (female, in case you are under any scepticism as to my sexual orientation) skin to feast our eyes on. We were to find out only later that we had some pleasant shock(surprise would be too mild a term here) in store for us.

So, high on expectations we reached the coast. We couldnt believe what we saw there. My friend was like-"Is that girl over there really topless or she's just wearing a skin coloured bra" and I was like- "When did they start making bras with nipples on them man". And then we saw another one and yet another one. I said "The sun is really shining down on us today. Are we in heaven or what!!". The people there were so blissfully oblivious of the entire situation made me wonder, while we had to make conscious effort to take our eyes off those topless beauties, we entirely forgot about swimming.

Then there was this embarrasing situation I got myself into during the evening, though I am not to blame for the mess. Theres this french chick who is new to the hostel. While I was cooking dinner, she was apparently returning from somewhere. She said hi to which i reciprocated and then she proceeded towards me on collision course which left me bewildered as to her motives. Why does this chick want to pass thtough exactly where I am standing when there's whole lot of space she could use. Anyway, I stepped out of her way to let her pass. Turns out she wanted to greet me which in French style is done by giving a peck on the cheek. She explained to me if I understood now to which I managed to embarrasingly mumble something about the Indian way of greeting and hence my inability to comprehend her motives. Then she told me something about her weekend and I still recovering from the shock, told her something about mine. But then I told myself, no need crying over spilled milk the damage has been done.

And also an apology for the previous post would be in order now that i've regained my sanity.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]